Reflexology is an ancient natural healing technique based on the principle that there are points in the feet, hands and ears which corresponds to every part, gland and organ of the body. It is believed that the body is mirrored in the feet, hands and ears. For example the left foot mirrors the left side of the body and the right foot mirrors the right side of the body. With applied pressure on these points, reflexology relieves tension, improves circulation, and helps promote the natural function of the related areas of the body. Working these reflexes the practitioner invigorates the thousands of nerve ending in the feet and hands and assists in releasing any blockages, which may provoke a healing response.
Reflexology assists with:
- Releasing tension
- Improving circulation
- Helps to promote the natural function of the corresponding areas of the body.
- Improve general health
- Detoxify and cleanse the body.
- Fight infection
- Induce a deep sense of relaxation
- Bring body back to balance
- Strengthen the Immune system
- Support the body’s own natural healing ability
- Decrease stress and enhance sleep
- Cleanse and renew internal energy system
- Increase self-awareness.